On Thursday, June 1, the Rhode Island Community Food Bank will host its annual Truck Stop: A Festival of Street Eats fundraiser from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the Food Bank headquarters at 200 Niantic Ave., Providence. Guests will enjoy a night of tastings from more than 20 gourmet food trucks while supporting programs that provide food to Rhode Island’s hungry. The Food Bank hopes to raise $200,000 from the event.
The $85 ticket includes unlimited tastings, one free drink and live music by the Superchief Trio. Trucks include Friskie Fries, Ming’s Asian Street Food, Blount Seafood, Burgundian Waffles, Gnarly Vines, Little B’s BBQ and others. Beer, wine and signature cocktails will be available for purchase. Tickets may be purchased at rifoodbank.org under events.
Sunday Food Truck Funday at the Sacred Cow will be Sunday, May 28 from 4:30 to 8 p.m. at Munroe Dairy’s Sacred Cow Ice Cream Shop and Market, 187 Brow St., East Providence. Attendance is free and you just pay for what you eat and drink from a variety of food trucks. Trinity Brewhouse will be serving local beer and wine. There will be live music by Steel Tide Calypso. Food trucks scheduled to attend include Blount Clam Shack Food Truck, Championship Melt, Friskie Fries, BBQ y Mas and more. Additional food-truck dates include July 9 and Aug. 6.
PVD food truck events
There are weekly dates (Carousel Fridays at the Roger Williams Park Zoo) and monthly events which feature a rotating group of trucks. For a full lineup, visit foodtrucksin.com/food-truck-events.
Here’s a sampling:
• Warwick Food Truck Night is the third Thursday of the month at the Crowne Plaza in Warwick.
• Food Truck Concert Nights are the fourth Thursday of the month at Diamond Hill State Park, Cumberland.
• Food Trucks Roll Into Richmond on the second Thursday of the month at Pasquale Farm.
• Food Truck Sunsets are Saturdays – June 24, July 15 and Aug. 19 – at New England Safe Harbor Boatworks, Portsmouth.
• Food Trucks and Concerts at Chase Farm in Lincoln are Memorial Day Post Parade on May 29 and Saturdays – June 17, July 22, Aug. 12 and Sept. 2.
• Food Truck Picnic in the Park at Capron Park in Attleboro, is Sundays – June 25, July 23, and Aug. 20.