From peanuts to macadamias, there is a world of nut butters out there to discover. Supermarket shelves are lined with different varieties, and they are super easy to make yourself at home. Once you have a jar of your favorite butter turn it into many high-protein desserts.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Crunchy Peanut Butter Squares
Source: Crunchy Peanut Butter Squares
Calling all peanut butter fans…. These Crunchy Peanut Butter Squares by James Wythe are just INSANE!!! They only need 5 ingredients and a few minutes of your time. Plus, vegan peanut butter squares are unbelievably simple to make. A perfect treat to make and eat with kids.
2. Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Skillet Cookie
This Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Skillet Cookie by Lauren Kirchmaier is made with almond butter, and almond flour, and is naturally sweetened with coconut sugar and paleo chocolate chips. You just need 6 ingredients, a small caste iron skillet, and a love for gooey cookies. Almond butter keeps the recipe oil-free, while almond flour keeps things grain and gluten-free. This deep dish cookie is lightly sweetened with coconut sugar and plenty of paleo chocolate chunks! Enjoy this Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Skillet Cookie as a decadent dessert that is whole foods based. Fudgy and moist, it’s perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth!
3. Nut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Nut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies by Ella Woodward are no-fuss, no-equipment, short-on-time, vegan cookies. They are easy, incredibly delicious, a little crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, and full of big chocolate chunks.
4. Loaded Apple Nachos
Source: Loaded Apple Nachos
5. Cake Batter Freezer Fudge
Source: Cake Batter Freezer Fudge
This Cake Batter Freezer Fudge by Tara Weir is super easy to make, tastes amazing, and just so happens to be sugar-free and packed with healthy fats and protein! Try it with tahini or sunflower seed butter for a nut-free option.
6. Oat Flour Almond Butter Brownies with Salted Date Caramel Frosting
These Oat Flour Almond Butter Brownies with Salted Date Caramel Frosting by Allie Penner are moist, fudgy, and dense. They’re packed with good-for-you ingredients like oat flour, almond butter, cocoa, and coconut sugar, and they’re iced with a date and nut butter ‘caramel’ frosting. They will become your new obsession. It’s a good thing that they’re healthy because once you start eating them, it’s hard to stop!
7. No-Bake Chocolate Date Truffles
Source: No-Bake Chocolate Date Truffles
This No-Bake Chocolate Date Truffles recipe by Wholesome LLC is for you if you love dates. They’re great for eliminating or reducing your refined sugar intake, and a good choice if you want a healthier dessert option for you and the family.
8. Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Source: Peanut Butter Protein Bars
9. Salted Caramel Nut Butter Cups
Source: Salted Caramel Nut Butter Cups
These Salted Caramel Nut Butter Cups by Tara Weir are an easy, no-bake keto treat! The recipe uses chocolate sunflower seed butter along with white and salted caramel sugar-free chocolate chips to get three different layers. However, feel free to make these with your choice of vegan chocolate chips and nut or seed butter.
10. Chocolate-Covered Stuffed Dates
Source: Chocolate-Covered Stuffed Dates
Chewy dates, stuffed with creamy nut butter, coated in chocolate, and sprinkled with sea salt. Are you drooling yet? These Chocolate-Covered Stuffed Dates by Tara Weir are so freakin yummy. The bonus is, they are super easy to make, free of refined sugar, and suitable for vegan, gluten-free, and paleo diets. Doesn’t get much better than that.
11. Pistachio Avocado Ice Cream
Source: Pistachio Avocado Ice Cream
Smooth, creamy, sweet, and nutty- the delicate richness of this pistachio avocado ice cream will make your summer day so much brighter! Satisfy your ice cream craving with this Pistachio Avocado Ice Cream by Karielyn Tillman. It’s a terrific and healthy option.
12. Chocolate Chunk Nut Butter Blondies
If you are looking for a sweet and simple dessert, check out these Chocolate Chunk Nut Butter Blondies by Angelina Papanikolaou. These perfect little squares of heaven are not only delicious but also packed with protein!
13. Sunflower Seed Butter Cookies
Source: Sunflower Seed Butter Cookies
Try whipping up a batch of these Sunflower Seed Butter Cookies by Tara Binder. A delicious, sweet, and savory fresh update on a traditional peanut butter cookie. Great if there are any allergies present or if you just fancy a bit of a change.
14. Crepes With Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
If you are ready for a fancy dessert or just a luxurious breakfast or brunch, have a go at making these Crepes With Chocolate Hazelnut Spread by Annie Oliverio. This homemade Nutella is a little thicker and crunchier than the name brand, and the distinctive flavor of the hazelnuts really comes through. Use exactly as you would the store-bought stuff.
15. Chocolate Beetroot Cake
Source: Chocolate Beetroot Cake
Use whichever nut butter you like the best in this recipe for Chocolate Beetroot Cake by Vicky Coates. Chocolate and beetroot is a dream combination. Think rich, indulgent, and satisfying while being healthy all at the same time. This cake is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and high in protein.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Source: Roasted Cashew Nut Butter
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals, and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Read More: 15 of the Nuttiest Nut Butter Desserts