Red velvet is red-dyed chocolate. Red velvet is a perfect flavor to explore and there are so many ways to enjoy it! You can bake it into cakes or brownies, or even hot chocolate!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Double Chocolate Red Velvet Brownies
We use fresh beets in this recipe to create a red velvet appeal, moisten the brownies and provide an extra boost of nutrition. This Double Chocolate Red Velvet Brownies by Crystal Bonnet is in my top five all-time favorites; the result is a tender, delicious brownie. The candied nibbed walnuts are added for crunch and flavor, but they are a great recipe on their own as well, for a snack or ice cream topper! Credit: Reprinted with permission from The Art of Raw Desserts by Crystal Bonnet. Page Street Publishing Co. 2022. Photo credit: Crystal Bonnet.
2. Red Velvet Cheesecake
Source: Red Velvet Cheesecake
3. Red Velvet Brownies
Source: Red Velvet Brownies
4. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
Source: Red Velvet Hot Chocolate
This Red Velvet Hot Chocolate by Carol Clayton is luxuriously rich and decadent. It tastes like your favorite cake in cozy beverage form! The beautiful pink tone comes from healthy beetroot in this dairy-free hug in a mug.
5. Red Velvet Funnel Cakes
Source: Red Velvet Funnel Cakes
These crispy, sweet red velvet funnel cakes are something you don’t want to miss out on. They take no time at all, and soon you’ll be living in a perfect world—one where there is a year-round fair in your home, and that fair inexplicably serves vegan red velvet funnel cakes. Yup, this Red Velvet Funnel Cakes by Lauren Hartmann can be your life!
6. White Chocolate Red Velvet Cake Pops
Want red velvet cake, but don’t feel like getting involved in the entire cake-making process? Just make these White Chocolate Red Velvet Cake Pops by Gabrielle St. Claire that are done in just 20 minutes! These little bites of decadence are rich and chocolatey and colored naturally with puréed beets. A white chocolate coating stands in for cream cheese and a topping of sprinkles makes them festive and giftable.
7. No-Bake Chocolate-Coated Red Velvet Cake Pops
You’d never guess that these No-Bake Chocolate-Coated Red Velvet Cake Pops by Emma D’Alessandro are grain-free! In this recipe, Medjool dates are blended with almond and coconut flour to create rich little bites of red velvet cake. The chocolate coating is entirely optional, but it takes everything to the next level.
8. Red Velvet Doughnuts
Source: Red Velvet Doughnuts
9. Red Velvet Heart Cake
Source: Red Velvet Heart Cake
Anybody up for some bloody cake?! If you wanna freak your family & friends out just enough to make them gag a bit, this realistic human heart halloween cake recipe is for you. Inside this Red Velvet Heart Cake by Ivy is a red velvet cake, layered with red frosting, covered with fondant. So. Freaking. GOOD.
10. Red Velvet Truffles
Source: Red Velvet Truffles
Most red velvet purchased today gets its colour from loads of unhealthy food colouring. However, traditionally, beetroot was used to create the lovely reddish-chocolate hue! Don’t let the avocado in here scare you off in these Red Velvet Truffles by Tara Sunshine! Avocado and cacao are a match made in heaven. Even if you think you don’t like avocado, give this recipe a whirl!
This light and fluffy Classic Red Velvet Cake is smothered in a delicious dairy-free cream cheese frosting! It’s completely gluten-free, and the cake is so moist, delicious, and anything but ordinary!
12. Red Velvet Brownies With Three-Ingredient Frosting
If you been dying for vegan red velvet but don’t like beets, this is your recipe. These Red Velvet Brownies With Three-Ingredient Frosting by Jasmine Briones use dragon fruit for the red coloring and are moist, balanced, and delicious with some great chocolate icing to finish them off.
13. Red Velvet Crinkle Cookie Sandwiches
These red velvet crinkle cookie sandwiches are an amazing treat. The cookies themselves are light and buttery with the perfect crinkle cookie effect enhanced by a dusting of powdered sugar. They can be colored naturally with beets and they’re stuffed with a thick, sweet dairy-free cream cheese frosting that takes these cookies over the top.
14. Red Velvet Bliss Bites
Source: Red Velvet Bliss Bites
15. Fudgy Red Velvet Brownies
Source: Fudgy Red Velvet Brownies
These Fudgy Red Velvet Brownies by Stacey Horler are rich and chocolatey, with a subtle hint of vanilla. If you need your chocolate fix, then these moist, dense brownies will definitely be a hit. They get their gorgeous color, not from food coloring, but from beets. Not only this, the beets also add to their richness!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Read More: 15 Beautiful Red Velvet Desserts!