The following are the latest results of Portage County Health Department inspections on licensed food establishments and other types of businesses, which the Stevens Point Journal reports monthly.
- Whitetail Lanes, 3689 Portage County Q: June 22: Three violations: Thermometer in bar cooler below TV not accurate; open drink container above two-door refrigerator (corrected during inspection); gasket on one-door freezer torn and not sealing properly.
- Mikey’s Neighborhood Bar & Grill, 3018 Village Park: June 14: Seven violations: Employee at bar handling lemon wheels with bare hands; sauces in two-door cooler incorrectly date marked; racks in smoker dirty; canopy hood above dish machine dirty; ice bucket improperly stored; floor in kitchen damaged; ceiling and vents in kitchen dusty; hallway floor near liquor closet dirty.
- Panda Express No. 2392, 160 Crossroads Drive: June 5: No violations.
- ADRC of Portage County, 1519 Water St.: June 13: One violation: Clean utensils towel dried after washing.
- Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, 5110 Main St.: June 14: No violations.
- Little Caesars Pizza, 2501 Church St.: June 13: Fourteen violations: Sanitizer spray bottle stored on top of pizza prep cooler (corrected during inspection); no procedures for responding to vomiting or diarrheal events; test kit for checking sanitizer concentrations expired April 1; employees’ personal food and drinks stored on food prep table; employee working in food prep area without hair restraint; food pan used for dispensing flour from bulk storage stored on floor; cases of string cheese and dough mix stored on floor in cooler; baffle filters missing on exhaust hood above pizza ovens; light fixture in front pizza packaging area missing light shield; light in back kitchen storage area very dim; employee clothing stored in bathroom on shelving units, desk, etc.; flooring in kitchen near ware washing sinks, under prep tables and dough rounder dirty; ceiling in kitchen dirty; wets mop stored in mop sink basin.
- Mama Mai’s Noodle, 2824 Stanley St.: June 15: Pre-inspection: Two violations: Thermometer not available in freezer; and wall coving in kitchen in disrepair.
- Papa John’s Pizza, 101 N. Division St.: June 19: Three violations: Test kit for checking sanitizer concentration expired; container of pepperoncini held at pizza packaging uncovered (corrected during inspection); no garbage can at handwashing sink in back kitchen.
- Park Ridge Cafe, 3425 Church St.: June 15: Pre-inspection: One violation: Door handle to cooler not in good repair.
- Point Market & Vietnamese Restaurant, 3511 Church St.: June 6: Seven violations: Moldy strawberry packages in cooler (corrected during inspection); a few food items stored in coolers unwrapped; Pork and chicken dumplings sold at retail missing labeling information; surfaces throughout kitchen dirty; toaster oven dirty; microwave dirty; floors dirty.
- Stevens Point Country Club, 1628 Country Club Drive: June 20: No violations.
- Rusty’s Backwater Saloon, 1715 W. River Drive: June 15: Ten violations: Bottom of freezer dirty; ice machine splash guard dirty; pulled pork unwrapped in prep refrigerator; canopy hood filters dirty; multiple bags of aluminum cans in a pile out the back of establishment; men’s bathroom not provided with a tight fitting, self-closing door; no handwashing sign at bar employee handwashing sink; multiple bar stools have ripped cushions; excessive amounts of unnecessary items on the north end of the bar top, north area of dining area and on the exterior of building, near the garbage area; ceiling in kitchen dirty; posted permit expired June 30, 2022; bleach surface cleaner used as a hand cleanser at bar handwashing sink; soap not available at bar employee handwashing sink; dog in dining area and dog water bowl behind bar; no irreversible registering thermometer for measuring utensil temperature in ware washing machine; plastic food storage bins on the wire shelving in the back storage room not inverted; mops stored in mop buckets.
- The Fallback, 9031 Portage County WW: June 5: Seven violations: Dish machine sanitizer not used according to label instructions; ice machine splash guards dirty; pizza oven drip trays dirty; backsplash behind dish machine in dish room has excessive water damage and is peeling; exterior door in storage room has gap at bottom of door; ceiling tiles in kitchen near storage rom and in entrance of storage room damaged or missing.
Read More: 2 restaurants with double-digit violations