Great Taste is a food and drink accreditation scheme and products are tested by 500 experts with feedback being given from chefs, buyers, food writers and retailers.
Plenty of Worcestershire products have been awarded by Great Taste, let’s take a look.
Two Worcestershire companies won three stars for their products, one of which had two of its products take the top accolade.
Worcestershire food and drink products awarded by Great Taste
The Great Taste website adds: “Great Taste offers a unique benchmarking and product evaluation service, that encourages confidence and commercial success for quality food & drink businesses.
“This in turn generates a greater awareness for products locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.”
Here are all the Worcestershire winners, listed with the product and the company.
You can search all the winners in your area via the Great Taste website.
- “Mr Williams’s” Traditional Pork Pie – Wyre Pie Company
- Macneil’s Beechwood smoked salmon – Macneil’s Smokehouse
- Macneil’s Beechwood hot kiln smoked salmon – Macneil’s Smokehouse
- Duck Breast – Worcestershire Duck
- Macneil’s Beechwood Smoked Mackerel Fillets – Macneil’s Smokehouse
- Mango & Habanero Mayonnaise Seasoning Dust – Pimp Your Mayo
- Pershore Press Discovery Apple Juice – Pershore College WCG
- Red Hill – Bewdley Brewery Ltd
- Seville Orange, Clementine & Kumquat Marmalade – Cakebole Orchard Produce
- Umami Chef Sweet White Fava Miso – Umami Chef Limited
- Whole Duck – Worcestershire Duck
- William Mucklow’s Dark Mild – Bewdley Brewery Ltd
- Aztec Gold Rum Charred Sugarcane – Aztec Gold Rum
- Aztec Gold Rum Coconut and Pineapple – Aztec Gold Rum
- Bee Loved Honey – wildflower runny honey – Bee Loved Honey Ltd/Bee Loved Honey
- Black Truffle & Porcini Mayonnaise Dust Seasoning – Pimp your Mayo
- Blood Orange & Cranberry Marmalade – Cakebole Orchard Produce
- Cucumber Pickle – Bewdstone Preserves
- Droitwich Pure Salt – Droitwich Salt
- Duck Burgers – Worcestershire Duck
- Frizzle IPA – The Hop Shed Ltd
- Fruitfields Heritage Apple Juice – Fruitfields Orchard Ltd
- Hookditch Gin – Commonwood Farm
- Jackton Gin – Raer Scotch Whiskey Limited
- Jackton Vodka – Raer Scotch Whiskey Limited
- Leghorn Blonde – The Hop Shed Ltd
- Macneil’s Smoked Duck Pastrami – Macneil’s Smokehouse
- Medlar Jelly – Bewdston Preserves
- Merry May Orchard Honey – Merry May Honey
- Pershore Press Original Medium Perry – Pershore College WCG
- Plum Jam – Bow Brook Farm Ltd
- Redcap Ruby Ale – The Hop Shed Ltd
- Seville Orange Marmalade – Bow Brook Farm Ltd
- St Clements Marmalade – Cakebole Orchard Produce
- Tennessee Love – Oscar’s flavour sauce
- The Bannut Orchard Vintage Sparkling Perry 2021 – Commonwood Farm
- Umami Chef Filtered Shio Koji – Umami Chef Limited
- Wild Game Pork Pie – Wyre Pie Company
- Worcestershire Way – Bewdley Brewery Ltd
- Wotever Next? – Teme Valley Brewery
What do the stars mean?
Great Taste says that the products earning 1 star are “simply delicious” and they are “a food that delivers fantastic flavour – approximately 25% of entries will achieve this rating each year.”
Those with 2 stars are “outstanding” and “above and beyond delicious – less than 10% of entries will achieve this rating.”
While those with 3 stars are “exquisite” and “extraordinarily tasty food and drink – around 2% of products are awarded 3-stars each year. Don’t leave the shop without buying it!”