Good morning, everybody! It’s Kristen, your host of the Dunedin Patch newsletter. Here’s all the local news you need to know right now. In this issue, you’ll find news about:
- Learn how to join the Junior League of Clearwater-Dunedin.
- Local corset maker featured in an upcoming fashion show.
- Attend a Celebrity Guest Chef Dinner at Bon Appetit.
But first, today’s weather: An afternoon t-storm or two. High: 94 Low: 78.
Here are the top 3 stories today in Dunedin:
- Meet Kelli-Lynn Luckey, a corset maker whose work will be featured in the upcoming Wearable Art 17 fashion show at the Dunedin Fine Arts Center. The theme for their work, “Enchanted Forest,” will be incorporated into each model’s look, from their hair to their eye color. A dozen of Luckey’s corsets made of wood, leather, cork, and other materials will appear in the show. Get your tickets to the fashion show, scheduled for Aug. 26, here. (Spectrum News)
- The Dunedin Windlasses Sailing Club is hosting its annual Welcome New Members Coffee event at 9 a.m. on Aug. 24 at The First Presbyterian Church. Those interested in joining must have basic sailing skills. Call or text Margo Currey at 305-793-7574 or Paula Dulin at 727-215-3975 with any questions about the club or event. (Dunedin Patch)
- Get your tickets now to a Celebrity Guest Chef Dinner at Bon Appetit on Aug. 26 at 6 p.m. The 7-course meal will be prepared by local celebrities, Chef Rosana Riviera and Chef Ricardo, in collaboration with Bon Appetit’s Chef Cruz Pantoja. Guests will enjoy a French and Latin-infused menu paired with Moet and Hennessy Portfolio Wines. (OpenTable)
Business owners and marketers in Dunedin: Do you want to build awareness with local customers? I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our readers to local businesses they need to know. Click here to learn more.
Dunedin Patch Pic of the Day:
Thank you, Shirley Slingo, for sharing this beautiful sunrise at Honeymoon Island!
Want your photo to be included in the Dunedin Pic of the Day or Inspired by Dunedin section? Submit it to Dunedin@Patch.com for consideration! Please confirm in the email that you own the rights to the photo and that Patch has permission to republish it.
- Discussion with author Judy Gray at the Dunedin Golf Club (7:30 a.m.)
- Taxes in Retirement Seminar at the Dunedin Public Library (6 p.m.)
- Live music with Erica Deciegle at the Fenway Hotel (6 p.m.)
- Teen Self Discovery & Empowerment Program at Hope Grove (6:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Catch live music with SoulFish at the Dunedin American Legion Post 275 on Aug. 25 between 6 and 10 p.m. The band will play outside on the patio if the weather permits. (Dunedin American Legion Post 275 via Facebook)
- Meet Benson, a snuggly 5-year-old pup up for adoption at Pinellas County Animal Services. According to shelter volunteers, Benson loves squeaky toys, chasing tennis balls, and cuddling in bed or on the couch. Meet him and all of his furry friends today at Pinellas County Animal Services! (Pinellas County Animal Services via Facebook)
- The Junior League of Clearwater-Dunedin Art Harvest is holding its next Prospective New Member Social at 7 p.m. on Aug. 31 at Dunedin HOB. Learn more details and RSVP at the link. (Junior League of Clearwater-Dunedin Art Harvest via Facebook)
- The City of Dunedin reminds parents that the MLK Recreation Center provides a safe and fun environment for tweens and teens to hang out! The rec center offers various activities such as video gaming, ping pong, billiards, basketball, homework help, a playground, and more. (City of Dunedin via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Breast Ultrasound Screening Coming Direct to You! Coming directly to View on Tuesday, 8/29! (August 28)
- Breast Ultrasound Screening Coming Direct to You! (August 30)
- Add your event
Thanks for following along and staying informed! I’ll see you soon.