The British TV chef, 51, announced in July that he had been diagnosed with facial cancer several years ago.
And during an appearance at the Philharmonic Hall in Liverpool, he shared an update.
Stream the world’s best reality, entertainment and true crime shows for free on 7Bravo on 7plus >>
“On a personal note, I just wanted to say thank you for 30 years of television,” he told the crowd, as reported by The Mirror.
“For me personally, I’ve been through a lot of s*** with cancer, but I’m getting sorted at the end of next month.
“I will be back fighting at the end of February but I’m going on a little bit of a break to get that sorted.
“I just wanted to say thank you for all your support and all your messages.”
The update comes after Martin apologised for speaking poorly to his crew while filming his Saturday Morning show.
In leaked footage given to The Sun, the TV personality could be heard swearing 42 times at crew in a long rant over damage caused by a blocked drain at his home.
The outburst took place over a Zoom call on the same day that he underwent surgery for his cancer.
“Firstly, I would like to publicly and sincerely apologise to the crew involved in this incident, as I did at the time,” Martin said in an Instagram post on July 28.
“I have always strived to keep my private life private.
“However since details of a conversation, which was secretly recorded in January 2018, are now five years later being made public by a former member of our production team, I have decided to make a statement.
“The end of 2017 was one of the most fraught and difficult periods of my life.
“I was dealing with the death of my last living grandparent, my grandfather, and on account of work commitments, I could not attend his funeral.
“Later that month I was burgled at night by a team of masked men, who entered my house while my partner Louise was at home alone and I was away working.
“I was devastated that she had to go through that alone.
“On top of this I was then diagnosed with cancer on my face and I had to have surgery, which I couldn’t do until two days before Christmas when we had finished filming,” Martin continued.
“Since then it has returned on several occasions and I have to have regular treatments.”
“After all this stress I was in a very emotional state, and when, after filming in early January 2018, I discovered my home had been flooded while filming, I was extremely upset.
“I can only say I am human, and following a build-up of personal life pressure, I admit that I overreacted regarding the damage to my home.”
Martin shared that he “wholly regrets” the incident and “lessons have been learned”.
For more engaging entertainment content, visit 7Life on Facebook.
Read More: TV chef’s heartbreaking health announcement