Sometimes the best food critics are everyday diners and food enthusiasts. And OpenTable’s 2023 list of Top 100 Restaurants in America does just that.
The new ranking curates a list of 100 beloved restaurants around the country, generated from over 12 million OpenTable diner reviews and dining metrics. The results: a list including Michelin-starred spots, lesser-known eateries in smaller cities (this year’s list has 64 cities, as compared to 2022’s 47 cities), and data indicating nationwide dining trends. 2023’s data showed an increase in solo dining and more restaurants offering West African, African and Lebanese cuisines.
“This year’s Top 100 list features neighborhood gems, hotspots like Bad Roman, MICHELIN-starred venues like Jeune et Jolie, and restaurants new to the list from coast-to-coast,” said Debby Soo, CEO of OpenTable. “We also see representation across the culinary spectrum – with cuisines like Mediterranean, French and Japanese included.”
Unlike many top restaurant lists where the chosen eateries are nearly impossible to snag a table at, OpenTable’s list only includes businesses on their platform, meaning they all take digital reservations. The full list below.
- Animo – Sonoma, CA
- Bavel – Los Angeles, CA
- Beachcomber Cafe Crystal Cove – Newport Coast, CA
- Bestia – Los Angeles, CA
- House of Prime Rib – San Francisco, CA
- Jeune et Jolie – Carlsbad, CA
- Kokkari Estiatorio – San Francisco, CA
- Musso & Frank Grill – Los Angeles, CA
- Pizzeria Bianco – Los Angeles, CA
- Providence – Los Angeles, CA
- Saffy’s – Los Angeles, CA
- The Dock – Newport Beach, CA
- The Restaurant at Auberge du Soleil – Rutherford, CA
- Youngblood – San Diego, CA
District of Columbia